09-13-2022 - Gear, Technology, News
FX9: New Firmware Update Announced
By: SonyCine Team
Sony just announced the latest upcoming version of firmware for their FX9 camera – available this October. Based on feedback from filmmakers, FX9 Version 4.00 improves usability and cloud connectivity features.
Version 4.00 is free of charge and adds the following enhancements:
Bringing Content to the Cloud:
- Supports LUT File Import to Camera from Cloud
- Manage created LUT files on the Cloud and the LUT files can be imported to camera.
- Users can directly import from C3 Portal into FX9 – no need to use SD card.
- Supports ALL File Import to Camera / Export to Cloud
- Back up ALL files from camera to cloud.
- Restore ALL files from cloud to camera.
- Different camera settings (ALL files) can be managed on cloud and applied to camera remotely.
- High-res Files Automatic Upload
- Upload High-res files to C3 Portal automatically and create backup files
- Supports LUT Data Saving to Memory Card
- Can record the LUT date (Cube data) when shooting as clip metadata.
- Easy to manage linkage and generate CUBE file.
- Supported by Sony’s Catalyst Browse and Catalyst Prepare application. [Version: V2022.1]
And Improvements Made Thanks to Filmmaker Feedback:
- Audio Level Meter Indicator Switching (Ch1.2 <-> Ch3.4)
- Assigning Audio Monitor Selection to Assignable buttons
- Adjust monitor volume with volume (monitor volume adjust ) buttons
- Slow & Quick Motion and Proxy Recording (Proxy Recording mode not forcibly set to Off)
- Assignable Buttons LED lamp On / Off mode
- The lamp is lit when the assigned function is on, and not lit when the function is off.
SonyCine will have a full video on the new firmware update when it’s released.